[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 547: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_db.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 547: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_db.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TEWLIP.COM • View topic - Introduction to TEWLIP from Lewis Little

Introduction to TEWLIP from Lewis Little

Post your questions or comments here if there's no forum category that covers your post. The moderator can move it if necessary.

Introduction to TEWLIP from Lewis Little

Postby Lewis Little » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:38 pm

==============================================================================

Note from Prodos (TEWLIP admin): Due to professional commitments, Dr Little isn't able to respond to posts on a daily basis for the time being. Please feel free to contact me any time if you have questions or want to double-check the status of your post. Contact form: http://formxp.prodos.net/index.php?fid=14
Thanks.

==============================================================================

Hello TEWLIP member:

I welcome you to TEWLIP. I will be available daily to participate in discussions and answer questions regarding the elementary wave theory, including topics in physics or the philosophy of science not included in my recent book.

Fire away,
Lewis Little
Lewis Little

Re: Introduction to TEWLIP from Lewis Little

Postby IvanAnt » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:00 am

A chemist addressing a physicist is somewhat like trying to cross an interdemoninational threshhold. In short chemistry is 'all about' the inter_vibrations of how molecules interact as against the intra_connections of physical events.

As a technician working with Nuclear Magnetic Resonance I worked with 'Spin_echoes' which we then reverse stored in the computer to derive various pulse sequences to filter information. This information is stored in dual forms, either the Free Induction Decay or the Fourier Transformed Spectrum. The one form explained to me what was happening with the mechanics of the NMR and the other explained to the Organic Chemists what was happening to their compound. So I have had practical experience with wave_reversal.

My other forte is the Propositional Calculus stripped of its social and historical contexts to use as a functional tool to design information processing circuits. Buried in the depths of the Propositional Calculus is the concept of duality in which Information is also stored in two forms, the one appearing to be a 'reversal of events' as designated by the other. Feynman diagrams have an inherent duality which unwittingly causes some language confusions if we jump 'intuitively', rather than formally, between them.

I have the book on order.

=======================================================
Moderator: Post seems chatty and "light-weight" but felt it was a friendly personal introduction by new member and okay for this portion of TEWLIP forum. Relevant Guideline: guidelines/#underweight
======================================================
IvanAnt

TV: How are particles guided & particle energy determined?

Postby Neil » Sun May 03, 2009 6:41 am

[ ... ]

Well I finally got the book and gobbled up about 30 pages on first reading ... can't say I am ecstatic with what I read but that is because of the challenges it poses ... [Dr Little's] questioning of the conventions is important and interesting and even if [he is] not completely right it puts [him] up there with Galileo, Darwin, the longitude man John Harrison and everyone who says no to peer pressure. [ ... ]

I have a few possibly naive questions however...

When we fire subatomic particles, in my understanding, they come from an anode and emerge at various energies depending on the voltage applied. Hence we can have microwaves, x-rays and so on up the energy scale.

When we watch old fashioned CRT TV we are seeing the results of electrons impacting the screen. These 'particles' are guided to the screen by coils at the side.

How does the elementary wave [ ... ] 'guide' them in this case?

Finally, how does the elementary wave 'know' in advance the energy of the emitted particle. That energy is determined by the anode voltage is it not?

========================================================
[Moderator: Some off-topic portions removed.
Subject line changed to roughly indicate nature of questions.
"you" statements changed. Relevant Guideline: guidelines/#noyou
Minor reformatting to help emphasize points expressed.
Early portion of post possibly off-topic but seems like friendly, supportive introduction by new member and okay.]
========================================================
Neil

TV: How are particles guided & particle energy determined?

Postby Lewis Little » Fri May 15, 2009 3:03 am

Neil wrote: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p37
[ ... ]
When we fire subatomic particles, in my understanding, they come from an anode and emerge at various energies depending on the voltage applied. Hence we can have microwaves, x-rays and so on up the energy scale.

When we watch old fashioned CRT TV we are seeing the results of electrons impacting the screen. These 'particles' are guided to the screen by coils at the side.

How does the elementary wave [ ... ] 'guide' them in this case?

Finally, how does the elementary wave 'know' in advance the energy of the emitted particle. That energy is determined by the anode voltage is it not?

In the case of the cathode ray tube, elementary waves are coming from the coils that direct the particles. Those waves interact with the electron elementary waves, causing a series of the latter to connect and form the path that an electron might follow. The particle electrons then follow such a path by emitting and absorbing particle photons in response to the photon elementary waves, causing the particle to jump from one to the next of the series of electron waves.

For the source emitting electrons, elementary waves of all frequencies are present, not just the one that a particle follows. However, only waves of the appropriate frequency will connect with the wave being followed by the electron prior to its emission. Which waves connect is a function of the voltage on the anode. That voltage acts just like the fields in the cathode ray tube, bringing about the connections between the series of waves that an electron might follow. A different anode voltage merely means that different frequency waves will be so connected.

===============================================================
[Moderator: Added excerpt from replied-to post.
Guidelines: guidelines/#denotequotedposter ... guidelines/#selfcontained
Minor reformatting. Subject line corrected.
==============================================================
Lewis Little

Return to General Discussion